Poker is one of the most played card games in the world. According to Poker Players Research, 40 million people play poker on the regular. This is about 6.8 % of the total adult population. You might be among the 40 million but you might have to prepare yourself to quit if you fall in one of the following categories:
- You can’t afford the poker lifestyle. If you are spending more than you can afford to get out now.
- You are becoming an addict. Gambling addiction can be the worst form of addiction. Even if you have millions at your disposal a gambling addiction will leave you broke before you know it. So now think about the few thousands in your account.
- When you can’t balance between your life and poker. You might be really good at poker,even winning and earning cash but if you have forgotten about your other responsibilities it’s time to take a step back. Poker can be time-consuming. Evaluate your life: how much time do you spend playing poker? How are your meals? How often are you spending time with your family? If you have neglected your body, your family and your job, please quit the vice.
- You are just not good at it. You might love the game but if the game doesn’t love you back why keep investing in it? Wasting hours and huge amounts of money. You need to get out, and fast! Try your best and read all the books and articles on poker but if your skill doesn’t improve, just quit.
- It has become more stress than entertainment. When poker no longer becomes fun get out of the game. Even the best-paid football players are those that enjoy what they do. No need to win just to end up spending the winnings treating ulcers and high blood pressure.
- You are an alcoholic. Casinos are the worst places to be in if you are an alcoholic. Stick to online poker if you can’t quit the game entirely.
- If you are not ready to put in the work, don’t even bother. You have to put in hours and pay attention closely to win.